Applications for 2020 MWACA Student Scholarships are closed. Please check back in Fall 2020 for more information on the 2021 scholarship applications.
- Applicant must have earned a minimum 2.0 GPA in high school and, if currently enrolled in college or votech, must maintain a 2.0 GPA.
- Must be currently enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours of an automotive technology program at an accredited college or vocational school in the Midwest; OR be a high school senior currently enrolled in a votech automotive program with a plan to register and attend a college automotive technology program in the summer or fall of 2020 in one of the following states: Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, or Oklahoma. Prior recipients are eligible to reapply for the scholarship as long as they continue to meet the application criteria.
- Applicant must submit a copy of his/her transcript, a completed School Reference Form, and this completed application to the MWACA offices. Faxed applications will not be accepted.
- Notification of the scholarship award is not final until applicant receives an official letter from the scholarship committee. Scholarships are presented during an Awards Dinner held at the VISION HiTech Training & Expo on March 6, 2021. (www.visionkc.com)
1. Prepare your supporting material
Before starting the application, we recommend you first prepare supporting material to have sent in or uploaded with your online application. If you do not have all of your supporting materials when initially completing your application, there's no need to panic! You can return to Step Three to upload your documents at a later time (but prior to the December 1st deadline). Your scholarship application requires the following:
- online application
- an official school transcript
- instructor our counselor reference letter
- your headshot photo
2. Submit YOUR scholarship application
Applications for 2020 are now closed. Please check back in the fall of 2020 for additional information on 2021 scholarships.
3. Submit additional Supporting materials
If you have not already done so, please have your transcripts and/or reference forms either uploaded (see link below) or mailed (sent to Midwest Auto Care Alliance Office (MWACA, 5950 N Oak Trafficway, Suite 201, Gladstone, MO 64118).